Our TTS training meets all of the requirements set forth in the Clinical Practice Guidelines for Treating Tobacco Use and Dependence as well as the national standards for competencies for Tobacco Treatment Specialists. Trainers for the 3-Day Foundation Course are FSU College of Medicine faculty and staff and faculty from FAMU College of Pharmacy.
- Tobacco Dependence Knowledge and Education - 2 hours
- Counseling Skills - 5 hours
- Assessment Interview - 3 hours
- Treatment Planning - 2 hours
- Pharmacotherapy - 4 hours
- Relapse Prevention - 2 hours
- Diversity and Specific Health Issues - 2 hours
- Documentation and Evaluation - 1 hour
- Professional Resources - 1 hour
- Law and Ethics - 1 hour
- Professional Development - 1 hour
- Quit Smoking NOW (optional half day training)
A special group rate of $120 is available and includes breakfast and free self-parking.
Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058 option 3,1. Please be sure to use Group Code 61-264, Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than Jan. 20, 2017. All Group guest reservations require a minimum deposit equal to one (1) night’s room & tax to be charged on a major credit card.
NOTE: Conference Registration does not include or guarantee your accommodation reservation at The Westgate Resort (the conference venue). Hotel reservations must be made separately.
All day coffee, lunch and afternoon snack is included with your training registration.
A new cancellation policy is now in effect. Before registering for this training, please be sure to review the cancellation/refund policy here.
Registration is now closed. Please call 386-462-1551 ext. 116 with any questions.
Date: Feb 21, 2017 07:45 AM - Feb 24, 2017 04:30 PM
Registration closes on Feb 17, 2017 12:00 AM
- Mental Health Counselors
- Nurse Practitioners
- Others treating tobacco dependence
- Physician Assistants
- Social Workers